[FRB-CESAB] Theory-driven Analysis of Ecological Data – 2022
The CESAB – Centre for Biodiversity Synthesis and Analysis – and the GdR TheoMoDive organize the first edition of the training course “Theory-driven Analysis of Ecological Data”. The objective of this five-day course is to train young researchers in analyzing ecological data using theory-driven approaches.
The training course, in English, will take place from the 16th to the 20th of May 2022 in the CESAB premises in Montpellier. Price is 150 € for the week, including lunch. Travel, accommodation and evening meals are at the expense of the participants.
A good knowledge of the R software is required.
- Vincent CALCAGNO (INRAE, ISA)
- Emanuel FRONHOFER (CNRS, Isem)
- Isabelle GOUNAND (CNRS, iEES-Paris)
- François MASSOL (CNRS, CIIL)
Others speakers: Matthieu BARBIER, Maxime DUBART, Claire JACQUET, Benjamin ROSENBAUM.
- Introduction to modelling and theory
- Guest speaker: Kim CUDDINGTON (Waterloo University, Canada)
Tuesday 17th May
- Temporal series and dynamics in ecology
- Guest speaker: Frédéric BARRAQUAND (CNRS, Bordeaux)
Wednesday 18th May
- Spatial data, macro-ecology and co-occurrences
- Guest speaker: Virginie RAVIGNÉ (CIRAD, Montpellier)
Thursday 19th May
- Interaction networks, trophic networks, and complexity in ecology
- Guest speaker: to be confirmed
Friday 20th May
- Project in subgroups