[FRB-CESAB] Theory-driven Analysis of Ecological Data – 2023
The CESAB – Centre for Biodiversity Synthesis and Analysis – and the GdR TheoMoDive organize the second edition of the training course “Theory-driven Analysis of Ecological Data”. The objective of this five-day course is to train young researchers in mathematical modelling (differential equations, Lotka Volterra, Jacobian matrices), and in the statistical links between models and biodiversity data.
The training course, in English, will take place from the 3rd to the 7th of April 2023 in the CESAB premises in Montpellier. The price is 100 € for the week, including lunch. Travel, accommodation and evening meals are at the expense of the participants.
Thank you for pre-registering below. Please, be aware that the number of participants is limited, and your registration will be confirmed in February once the applications have been reviewed.
A good knowledge of the R software is required.
- Vincent CALCAGNO (INRAE, ISA)
- Emanuel FRONHOFER (CNRS, ISEM)
- Isabelle GOUNAND (CNRS, iEES-Paris)
- Claire JACQUET (CNRS, ISEM)
- Sonia KEFI (CNRS, ISEM)
- François MASSOL (CNRS, CIIL)
- Introduction to modelling and theory
Tuesday 4th April:
- Population dynamics in ecology and temporal series
Wednesday 5th April:
- Spatial distribution, macro-ecology and co-occurrences
Thursday 6th April:
- Interaction networks, trophic networks, and complexity in ecology
Friday 7th April:
- Project in subgroups