- Date: 17-19 June 2015
- Venue: United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study
of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)
5-53-70 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo 150-8925, JAPAN
- Language: English
- Organizers: UNU-IAS, ScenNet
- Funders: Belmont Forum, Japan Science Technology Agency,
and Ministry of the Environment, Japan
The workshop focused on how to build capacity in scenario development, assessment, use and implementation. In line with IPBES deliverables 1(a) and 1(b), the workshop was designed to develop a training programme with specific focus on biodiversity and ecosystem services scenarios and modelling in collaboration with the IPBES capacity building task force.
Objectives of the meeting were:
- 1. Review and share best practices and lessons on utilisation of findings from biodiversity and ecosystem service scenario and modelling studies, and on capacity building activities for biodiversity and ecosystem service scenarios and modelling.
- 2. Co-design a pilot training programme(s) on biodiversity and ecosystem service scenarios and modeling by identifying the target, duration, required knowledge and skills, course outline, module components, training materials, list of instructors, etc.
- 3. Discuss implementation plan of the training programme(s) and future work plan.
Synthesis of the Workshop Outcomes
During the workshop, participants reviewed and compiled a list of existing training course, developed an ideal curriculum to train experts for scenario development and assessment, and charted a way forward.